Megan M. Johnston
Ms. Megan Johnston is an Associate Lawyer at Smitiuch Injury Law. After articling with the firm, she was Called to the Bar on June 20, 2014. She will be working directly for the firm's Principal, Michael Smitiuch, on personal injury matters.
Megan attended law school at the University of Windsor, where she successfully obtained her Juris Doctor law degree (J.D.). While in law school, she gained invaluable experience through her work at the local Community Legal Aid Clinic and her study of law abroad for a summer at Monash University in Prato, Italy.
Prior to attending law school, Megan attended the University of Western Ontario, where she received an Honours Bachelor of Arts, Major in Sociology and Minor in Psychology.
In her spare time, she has volunteered with the Lawyers Feed the Hungry program in both Toronto and Windsor, and the Essex County Diversion Program, a youth diversion program.
Megan will be serving clients in the Toronto, Brantford, London and surrounding communities. Her addition to the firm enhances Smitiuch Injury Law's commitment to providing excellent customer service.
Areas of Practice
- 80% Personal Injury
- 10% Disability and Insurance Claims
- 10% Wrongful Death
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Ontario, 2014
- University of Windsor, Faculty of Law, Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- J.D. - 2012
- Honours: Work at Local Community Legal Aid Clinic
- University of Western Ontario
- B.A. (Honours)
- Major: Sociology
- Minor: Psychology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2014 - Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteered with the Lawyers, Feed the Hungry program, Toronto and Windsor
- Essex County Diversion Program, a youth diversion program