866-621-1551 (Toll Free)
Peter is an Associate Lawyer with Smitiuch Injury Law and has exclusively worked as an injury and wrongful death lawyer his entire career. He has extensive knowledge and experience in acting as a fearless advocate to obtain compensation and accident benefits for injured individuals and families.
Peter has acted as counsel on a number of trials and arbitration hearings at the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and the Financial Services Commission of Ontario.
Most notably, Peter was co-counsel in Stilwell v. Corning Inc., the first successful trial verdict against Corning in North America involving Visions cookware. The trial verdict was upheld by the Ontario Court of Appeal.
In December 2014, as co-counsel with Mike and Megan, Peter helped to obtain a jury verdict against Glen Eagle Golf Club for over $1.8 million in damages and interest.
In March 2015, Peter was lead counsel with co-counsel, Luke, in a judge alone trial arising from serious personal injuries sustained by a minor Plaintiff while he boarding an amusement park ride with his father at Centreville Amusement Park (Bhatt v William Beasley Enterprises Limited). At trial, Peter successfully obtained a Judgment in favour of the minor Plaintiff and his parents against William Beasley Enterprises Limited.
Recently, Peter was acknowledged by the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association for his work as a trial lawyer and was presented with the 2016 Martin Wunder, Q.C. Outstanding New Lawyer Award.
Peter continues to pursue his goal of becoming a leading advocate in the field of personal injury law with an emphasis in the areas of occupiers’ liability, product liability, police brutality, wrongful death and motor vehicle accident claims and statutory accident benefits.
Areas of Practice
- 80% Personal Injury
- 10% Disability and Insurance Claims
- 10% Wrongful Death
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Ontario, 2011
- Osgoode Hall Law School, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- J.D. - 2010
- University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Honours B.A. - 2007
- Major: Economics and Political Science
- Bhatt v. William Beasley Enterprises Limited, 2015 ONSC 2168 (2015)
- Bhatt v William Beasley Enterprises Limited, 2015 ONSC 4941 (2015)
- Flammia v Royal Glen Eagle, 2014 ONSC 7522 (2014)
- Stilwell v World Kitchen Inc. et al., 2013 ONSC 3354 (2013)
- Dabor et al v. Southbram Holdings Limited et al., 2013 ONSC 5425 (2013)
- Whitters v. Furtive Networks Inc., 2012 ONSC 3572 (2012)
- Whitters v. Furtive Networks Inc., 2012 ONSC 2159 (2012)
- Wilson v. Arsenault, 2012 ONSC 2879 (2012)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association, o Recipient of the OTLA Martin Wunder Q.C., Outstanding New Lawyer Award, 2016 , 2011 - Present
- Korean Canadian Lawyers Association, Member, 2010 - Present
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers, Member, 2013 - Present
- The Advocates’ Society, Member, 2015 - Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Parkdale and Rexdale Community Legal Services , 2009 - 2010